The Kentucky History Half Marathon is a truly distinctive experience that showcases and
celebrates our shared Kentucky history and roots, plus offers awards, reenactments and
entertainment themed around Kentucky’s heritage. Kentucky’s History Half is:
• An exciting approach to history expected to attract 700+ runners, their
families, sports and history enthusiasts, the Frankfort business
community and the general public. (The 2016 event attracted 596 people from 13 states.)
• Three signature races: half marathon (13.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles) and 5K (3.1 miles) on a course that takes runners past historic tourism attractions such as: Buffalo Trace Historic Distillery, Floral Clock, Frankfort Cemetery, Kentucky Military History Museum and more.
• All proceeds from the Kentucky History Half go to the Kentucky Historical Society Foundation Inc. to benefit the programming and services of the Kentucky Historical Society.
Kentucky History Half sponsorships include the opportunity to:
• Engage a primarily youthful, professional audience and their friends and families, KHS community partners, area schools, and sports, Kentucky history and genealogy enthusiasts.
• Enjoy unique marketing, public relations and branding opportunities delivered to a loyal audience.
• Experience what it’s like to be a part of an event that provides sponsors and participants with the opportunity to create memories that will not only last a lifetime, but will also ensure a place in the pages of Kentucky’s exciting and celebrated history!
If you want to be a part of the Greatest Half in History through a sponsorship, call 502-564-1792 and ask for Mary Cawein or Kent Whitworth, or email us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the starting line for 2017
We’re very pleased to announce that our friends at KECU have once again signed on as the presenting sponsor of the KY History Half. This makes the 3rd straight year in a row — since the race’s inauguration — that we’ve been honored by KECU in showing their support for Kentucky’s proud history and the KY History Half. Please join us in thanking them for their vital role in making the KY History Half possible!